Central Carolina Dermatology Patient Information
Central Carolina Dermatology in High Point , NC welcomes our established and new patients to our website! You will find answers here to many questions you may have.
Please arrive promptly for your appointment. In the event that you are unable to keep your appointment, we kindly ask that you notify us at least 24 hours in advance.
All patients are requested to bring their current insurance card and photo identification. Copays are collected at check in.
Please present your referral upon check in if your insurance requires one.
New Patient Information
- New patients should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment. You will be asked for your specialist copay, your current insurance card(s) and a photo id. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call our office at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Please note that a future appointment cannot be scheduled should you miss your original appointment.
- Minor patients must have a parent or legal guardian present at the time of their appointment. Legal guardians should bring court documentation for the patient file.
- New patients will be asked to complete the forms below upon check in or you may print them and bring them completed to your appointment.
Please contact your pharmacy if you need a medication refill. We only process refill requests during normal office hours. Please allow 2 business days for refill processing.
Medical Records Release Information
If you would like a copy of your medical records, print and complete the form below. You can then mail or fax your request to us. Please let us know if you would like your records faxed or mailed to you. There may be a fee associated with this request.
If you would like to request your medical records to be sent to another provider or to request your medical records to be sent to Central Carolina Dermatology from another provider, print and complete the form below. You can then mail or fax your request to us.
Patient Bill of Rights
- A patient has the right to good quality care and high professional standards that are continually maintained and reviewed.
- A patient has the right to have his or her medical records treated under the HIPAA guidelines for privacy.
- A patient has the right to make informed decisions regarding his or her care and has the right to include family members in those decisions as long as they meet the HIPAA guidelines.
- A patient has the right to have any service, procedure, or fee explained upon request.
- A patient has the right to be treated with respect.
A patient is responsible for providing correct and complete information about their health, past medical history and insurance.
A patient is responsible for reporting if they do not understand the planned treatment or their part in the plan.
A patient is responsible for following the recommended treatment plan they have agreed to by keeping their appointments.
A patient is responsible for payment of all charges not covered or unauthorized by his or her insurance carrier, as well as, any associated court costs, collection fees, or other remedies required to collect delinquent accounts.
A patient is responsible for co-payments and deductibles at time of service.
A patient is responsible for referrals (if required by their insurance), or they may reschedule, or be considered private pay.
A patient is responsible for treating others with respect.
At Central Carolina Dermatology of High Point, our dermatologists are exceptional at what they do – helping patients maintain optimal dermatology health.
Insurance plans we participate with:
HMO, QPOS, Aetna Choice POS, Elect Choice, Managed Choice, Open Choice, HMO Open Access, Open Select, National Advantage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
Commercial, Blue Medicare PPO and HMO, Blue Medicare Advantage, State PPO
Open Access, PPO, HMO or POS (includes Great West, formerly One Health Plan), Cigna Medicare Access
- Coventry / First Health / Wellpath
Mail Handlers, APWU, NALC, Hartford, Liberty Mutual
- Humana / Choicecare PPO
ACS, Benefit Management, Federated, Interactive Medical, Penn Western, Inclusive Health, Time, Web, Tpa, Group Resources, Mega Life, Meritain (any card that says Medcost)
Carolina Access- referral required by practice noted on card
Advantra Freedom, Aetna Medicare, BCBS HMO and PPO, Blue Medicare Advantage, Fidelis Secure Care, Humana Gold Choice
PPO or MD Plan, Multiplan (not PHCS if card says POS Plan)
- Primary Physicians Care
Standard, Tricare for Life, Tricare Prime (needs referral) we are not contracted; however we do give a discount.
- Free Clinics
Community Clinic of HP, Davidson Medical Ministries of Lexington
Billing for Office Visits and Surgical Procedures
We want to help you understand how medical insurance covers office visits and procedures. When you have a co-payment, some insurance carriers apply it to the office visit (evaluation and management) meaning time with the health care provider to give advice and write prescriptions. Any procedure done in the office such as freezing or removing skin lesions, treating warts with medication, skin biopsies is considered a surgical procedure according to the American Medical Association and is therefore classified as that according to Medicare and commercial insurance billing guidelines. When these surgical procedures are medically necessary, they may be covered by your plan, but usually fall under a different section of your insurance coverage and may be subject to a deductible. It is important for you to understand your insurance coverage so you will not be surprised when you get your explanation of benefits from your insurance carrier and bill for our services.
When possible, we often evaluate your condition and perform the procedure during the same appointment time. We find that this is more convenient for the patient rather than scheduling another appointment for the procedure. This also expedites the diagnosis and treatment of your condition. These will be identified as separate items on your insurance explanation of benefits and our billing statements.
Central Carolina Dermatology Clinic accepts:
Payment plans available.